Innovative Sintered Metals has made a significant investment into new production equipment in our molding and sintering areas. Our molding presses range from 12 to 200 tons and are suited for complex shapes.
Our sintering area is capable of higher sinter temperatures up to 2150 °F suitable for stainless steel and soft magnetic components. We have the capability for sinter hardening using our intalled system. We have on-site hydrogen and nitrogen.
Production Capabilities - Molding
- 11 molding presses ranging in size from 12 tons to 550 tons
- Produce shapes ranging from simple straigh-wall to comples multi-level magnetic pole pieces and sprocket
- Examples: cams, gears, sprockets, pulleys, latches, construction clamps, bushings, bearings, knobs, compression limiters, coil housings, pole pieces
Production Capabilities - Sintering
- Continuous belt furnaces up to 24"
- Conventional sintering - to 2150 °F
- Sinter hardening/Rapid cooling
- Direct feed H2 & N2 atmosphere
- Closed loop process control
- Sinter brazing
Post Sinter Processes
- CNC Turning
- Deburring (wet/dry)
- Drilling & Tapping
- Heat Treat
- Oil/Resin Impregnation
- Platings & Coatings
- Sinter Braze
- Sinter Bonding
- Steam Treat